Sunday, May 5, 2013

In my current assignment for anthropology our paper has to include how the concept of race are created and changed in our present day life. In my paper I will include certain articles that demonstrates the different ideologies they had towards the classification of race according to different colonization. For example ill include the article Colour As A Symbol Of Social Status. This article talks about the Cuban society and the use of the Spanish concept of purity of blood. The ideology of Spanish colonizers to Cuba was that in order to become white was through the purity of blood and not by the physical appearance. This mean that interracial marriages were provided does to the mixing of color. These similarities reflect on the books we have read also in our English class, in book the Untouchable in India empowered by the ideologies of British colonization’s and their social structures that divided people by the complexion of their skin which in this case it was the opposite in Cuba. I hope that in my essay I can support my arguments and show the differences and similarities between the articles we read in anthropology.

No comments:

Post a Comment